ISO 14065 & ISO/IEC 17029 Validation & Verification Body
Validation/verification refer to the validation of reasonable statement of attestation to future use or confirmation of true statement.
Legally registered validation/verification body, which provides validation/verification services to clients, may apply to TAF for accreditation. The validation/verification body is abiding by the standards of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), national and international professional groups (e.g. IEC), etc.
- Validation/verification body must be legally registered in domestic and can be government agencies, private companies, organizations (guilds, societies, or associations), etc. Under special conditions, foreign organization can apply for accreditation.
- TAF provides accreditation service to validation/verification body, but not validation/verification services. That is, TAF does not certify the information declared by clients (e.g. amount of greenhouse gas emissions).
- The validation/verification services provided by validation/verification body must be of the nature of third-party service.
- The operation of the validation/verification body must comply with the relevant domestic laws and regulations.
- Validation: Confirmation of a claim, through the provision of objective evidence, that the requirements for a specific intended future use or application have been fulfilled (ISO/IEC 17029, Section 3.2).
Verification: Confirmation of a claim, through the provision of objective evidence, that specified requirements have been fulfilled (ISO/IEC 17029 section 3.3).
Introduction of the Scheme
The validation/verification body accreditation scheme of TAF comprises of the following accreditation services:
- Greenhouse Gas Validation/Verification
(1) Validation/verification performed by validation/verification body on the greenhouse gas inventory (ISO 14064-1) and project (ISO 14064-2) implementation of organizations
(2) Validation/verification performed by validation/verification body on the greenhouse gas project implementation of organizations as demanded by the Environmental Protection Administration of the Executive Yuan
- Carbon Footprint Verification
(1) Verification performed by verification body on the product carbon footprint of organizations (ISO 14067)
(2) Verification performed by verification body on the product carbon footprint programs of organizations as demanded by the Environmental Protection Administration of the Executive Yuan
- Verification of the International Civil Aviation Organization Carbon Offsetting and Reduction Scheme for International Aviation (ICAO CORSIA)
Verification performed by verification body on the implementation of ICAO CORSIA by organizations
Note: ICAO CORSIA: International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Carbon Offsetting and Reduction Scheme for International Aviation (CORSIA)
TAF provides third-party accreditation services in accordance with the ISO/IEC 17011 and the principles of "impartiality", "independence", and "transparency."
TAF is a member of the International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC), the International Accreditation Forum (IAF), and the Asia Pacific Accreditation Cooperation (APAC) and has joined the Multilateral/Mutual Recognition Arrangement (MLA/ MRA).
TAF is in close cooperation with government agencies in providing various accreditation services. The accreditation results have been widely recognized and used by government agencies or private enterprises, such as the Environmental Protection Administration of the Executive Yuan and the Civil Aeronautics Administration, MOTC of the Executive Yuan.
TAF-accredited validation/verification body enjoys the following benefits:
- Proved and manifested compliance with international standards and/or other domestic laws and regulations.
- Manifestation of independence, impartiality and consistency in their operations.
- Recognition of the validation/verification results by domestic and foreign government agencies and markets.
- Clients of validation/verification services are saved of time and cost of repeated validation/verification.
- International recognition of validation/verification documents issued as TAF has entered into multilateral/mutual recognition arrangement with APAC and IAF.
The basis of accreditation of the validation/verification body comprises of ISO standards, IAF resolutions and its mandatory documents, government regulations, etc., as well as various operating regulations set by TAF, such as manuals, accreditation notifications, etc.
For the regulatory documents of the various program of accreditation, please refer to the "List of Accreditation Criteria (TAF-AA-W07)".
Introduction of Service Programs
Introduction of the Application Codes
For the item coding of the validation/verification bodies, please refer to the " Instruction for Accreditation Item Codes (TAF-AA-W08)".
Note: Please contact TAF if appropriate codes cannot be found.